Chuck has come out with an update to his MySQL connector – http://drcharlesbell.blogspot.com/2013/10/introducing-mysql-connectorarduino-100.html
There is a new release of the Connector/Arduino on Launchpad! See https://launchpad.net/mysql-arduino. The new version supports a number of refinements and a few new features. These include:
- Improved support for processing result sets
- Conditional compilation to omit result set handling features to save program space
- Support for the Arduino WiFi shield
- New version() method to check version of the connector
- Simplified download (no more patching SHA1!)
So What is It?
If you have never heard of Connector/Arduino, it is simply a library designed to allow the Arduino platform to connect to and issue queries to a MySQL Database server.
Simply add an Ethernet shield to your Arduino and use the library to connect your Arduino to a MySQL database server. Yes, no more web-based hand waving or third party systems! Cool.
Become the Maker you were born to be. Try Arduino Academy for FREE!